Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Foreword to my novel, or something like it.

After watching the show the Buried Life on MTV, I came to the decision that it was time for me to make my list, or ‘bucket list’ as it has been called. The concept is clear, choose 50 things that I wish to do before I die, and complete the list with 50 things that I will do for other people along the way. The reason for adding the 50 things to do for other people is that I don’t want to list to be entirely self focused, I want to leave a legacy, even if it is only 50 small things done for other people. I don’t know what the things for other people will be, I have some ideas, but I want them to be random acts of kindness.
As I complete each thing on the list, I will then follow it up by completing something for another person. After completing each item on the list I will write up a story to go along with the item, describing how the item was crossed off the list. As well, I plan to write up what I did for someone else and how it played out. They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, but a picture cannot describe how people felt; so while a picture may say a thousand words, a story can say a million about history. This is my history and the legacy that I intend to leave the world....


List to follow....

No comments:

Post a Comment