Monday, September 27, 2010

Number 52

So while I knew that I was looking for an opportunity to commit a random act of kindness in the near future, there are times when those things just fall into your lap. I have done my best to recognize the opportunity to help someone out, but I was caught off-guard when today an older gentleman randomly asked for my help in the local CVS even though clearly I did not work there.

This older gentleman surprised me when he approached me in the store and began to ask me for help working the copier machine. Now I will point out that I am by no means a mechanical genius, in fact I don’t really even like most technology, but today I got to be IT. I feel bad even going to claim this as a random act of kindness because in the end I was limited and there was only so much I could do to help (as it turns out the machine was out of paper and needed an employee to restock it before it would work). However I did spend 10 minutes out of my day to step aside and help out this guy who couldn’t figure out how to operate the copier machine on his own.

As I walked away from helping this guy out I thought to myself about how without hesitation I had just jumped to work to help this guy with the copier. It was such a satisfying feeling knowing that I had in myself the capacity to help others without hesitation as that has been the point of adding the random acts of kindness to this whole exercise.



Let’s see where we end up next....

No comments:

Post a Comment